Premium Irish Moss Seed - Sagina Subulata Seeds
Extremely Fast Shipping
1 Tree Planted for Every Order
Interested in Wholesale?
If you're looking to buy in bulk for resale, we offer special pricing for our wholesale customers. Click the button below to explore wholesale options.Buy Wholesale
🌱 Add some spice to your plants or landscaping 🍀
This fast growing Irish Moss is stunning! We are proud to be the leader in Irish Moss distribution in Canada. Yes! Irish Moss Seeds are TINY 🔍 ✅ 🤩
Embrace the beauty of a lush green carpet in your garden with Mossify's fast-growing Irish Moss seeds. Perfect for creating a stunning, natural alternative between flagstones or rock pathways, Irish Moss seeds grow together to form a dense, cushion-like carpet of emerald-green foliage, complete with charming white and yellow star-shaped flowers that bloom in spring.
Mossify's Irish Moss seeds are harvested in the USA and are perfect for planting outdoors, as long as the area is consistently watered and moist during germination. With an 87% germination test rate, these seeds are a reliable choice for creating a thriving, green oasis in your garden.
To ensure the best results, we recommend germinating your Irish Moss seeds indoors and following our step-by-step guide to create a flourishing outdoor garden. With proper care and attention, your Irish Moss will grow into a breathtaking and soft green carpet that you'll love walking on barefoot.
- Sagina Subulata grows very dense and lush. Feels like a cushion!
- Small white and yellow star shaped flowers will bloom in spring and release seeds for next season (or to harvest!);
- Sagina subulata also known as Irish Moss is actually a perennial and will grow back next year after winter;
- Using this Irish Moss in your driveway is absolutely stunning, and a natural alternative in-between flagstones in the garden 🌱;
- 1,000 seeds per 1 sq ft - We recommend getting more seeds than what you need in case of a spot missed.
⬇️ WATCH your Irish Moss flourish
in so many different ways.💚
Please read below before purchasing 😊
Harvested in the USA.
Irish Moss Seeds Season: Perennial
Growth Height: 1 - 2 inches
Bloom Season: Spring and summer
Bloom Colour: White flower pedals & yellow center
Growth Rate: Germinates in 14-21 days
Light Requirements: Full sun to partial shade
Watering Schedule: Water/mist twice a day during germination, once mature, water once every 3 days
*87% germination test, once opened we do not offer refund or exchange. These are seeds and may not grow if not taken care of properly. But it's super easy and fun to see the growth! You'll do great!
We recommend germinating your Irish Moss seeds indoors. You can plant them outside, but the sagina subulata seeds are tiny and can be picked up with a gust of wind. We recommend mixing the seeds thoroughly with sand (75%) / soil (25%) mix to fill up the area you want to grow outside. Please make sure the area you want to plant outside is constantly watered and moist during germination.
Here's a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
- Choose a pot with drainage holes to prevent water logging. The pot size should be appropriate for the number of seeds you're planting.
- Fill the pot with a high-quality, well-draining potting mix that retains moisture but allows excess water to drain. You can add perlite or sand to improve drainage.
2. Planting the seeds:
- Evenly distribute the seeds across the surface of the soil. Gently press them into the soil without covering them entirely, as they need light to germinate.
- Mist the surface of the soil gently with a spray bottle to moisten it.
- Place the pot in a location that receives bright, indirect light. Maintain a consistent temperature of around 60-70°F (15-21°C). This can be achieved using a heat mat if needed.
- Keep the soil consistently moist, but avoid overwatering. Use your Mossify mistr™ to mist the soil regularly, ensuring it never dries out completely.
- Germination can take 14-21 days. Be patient, and continue to maintain proper light and moisture conditions.
4. Seedling care:
- Once the seedlings have emerged, monitor their spacing. If they appear overcrowded, thin them out carefully by removing the weaker or less developed seedlings. Aim to maintain a uniform spacing of about 0.5-1 inch between seedlings.
- Continue providing bright, indirect light, and maintain consistent moisture levels.
- Ensure adequate air circulation around the seedlings to reduce the risk of fungal diseases. Use a small fan for gentle air circulation if needed, but do not blow air directly on the seedlings.
5. Transitioning to the final growing area:
- After the seedlings have established a healthy root system and have grown to a few inches tall, they can be transplanted to their final growing area, either in a larger pot or outdoors.
- If transplanting outdoors, harden off the seedlings by gradually increasing their exposure to outdoor conditions over a week or two.
- Choose a location with partial to full shade and well-draining soil. Maintain a planting density of 1,000 seeds per 1 square foot for a dense carpet effect.
6. Ongoing care:
- Keep the soil consistently moist, especially during hot or dry periods.
- Fertilize sparingly, as Irish moss does not require much feeding. A slow-release, balanced fertilizer applied once in the spring should suffice.
- Trim or shape the plants as needed to maintain a neat appearance.
Sagina Subulata Seeds:
Planting Irish moss seeds to create a lush green carpet. Irish moss has a gorgeous green colour between flagstones & rock pathways. Irish moss seeds grow together to form a lush carpet of green foliage. Small, star-shaped, white flowers with a yellow centre covers the ground from late spring until mid-summer.
The very tiny Irish Moss seeds create moss-like, emerald-green foliage that forms a compact 1 - 2-inch tall carpet. Sagina subulata ground cover is excellent and can even be grown as a lawn substitute, it creates the effect of a moss-covered meadow. Irish Moss is very soft to walk on barefoot, and it has a slightly spongy feel to it.